Search This Blog

Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Gravity

Hi guys, I’ll be reviewing one of the latest hits in the movie world, Gravity. Before I go into detail, here are a few scores to round up this movie:

Overall score: 9 out of 10

Plot score: 9 out of 10

Visual effects score: 10 out of 10

Characters: 8 out of 10

One word to describe: exhilarating


Gravity, a movie that explains the potential dangers of venturing in outer space, has been declared to be a mesmerising and captivating experience, with several awards, including four BAFTA’s, to send any other competing movie into the depths of space. Not only this, but Gravity also has near five star reviews from all the reviewers online, and so I decided to give this potentially mind-blowing movie a try. As soon as it had started, the visual effects are really living up to their expectations; I would watch this movie again just to witness the visual effects another time, because they really are a quality that is out of this world. Aside the visual effects, this movie is based on an interesting plot that captivates the audience as they are guided through the heart-stopping experience of two astronauts attending a space station: the beginning of the movie was particularly gripping, with the viewers nervously waiting to figure out what has caused some satellites to go missing (and causing half of North America to lose their Facebook!). Some parts of the movie are a little boring, but a few explosions did the trick to snap the viewers back into action (not to give anything away), and the majority of the film is very climactic to keep the audience at the edge of their seats. Gravity also features Sandra Bullock as the main character (an astronaut who was allowed to enter space shortly after completing training in NASA); not an actress I would have imagined to be an astronaut, but she seems to pull it off throughout the movie (NASA might even try persuading her to become an astronaut after this movie). Overall, Gravity definitely deserves the reputation it has built from the numerous awards it has earned, with effects that can trick the viewers into thinking they really are floating in space! I highly recommend watching this movie if you haven’t already.

No comments:

Post a Comment